Dyson Energy Services is a leading national installer of insulation, renewable technologies, and heating solutions with a well-established Distribution and Specialist Products Division.
For over 40 years, we have been helping the nation improve the energy efficiency of their homes, reducing householder’s energy bills and playing our part in meeting government targets to reduce carbon emissions.
Dyson Energy Services has an exciting opportunity for a skilled Motor Vehicle Technician to service, repair and carry out preventative maintenance to fleet vehicles up to 7.5 tonne. This work will also cover small petrol generators and petrol and diesel air compressors. This role will be mainly at the Head Office location in Brighouse but the successful candidate will sometimes be required to go to other locations to carry out repairs during working hours.
Reporting to the Fleet and Garage Manager your key duties will include:
- Carrying out fault diagnosis
- Services on Company’s Fleet vehicles
- Carrying out repairs as instructed to the standards laid down by Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
- To ensure faults are accurately diagnosed
- Report on vehicle condition, safety, reliability and performance
- Completing preventative maintenance
- Maintain vehicle records
- MOT Preparations
- 7.5t Maintenance Inspections
To be a successful as a Mechanic you will have the following skills and experience:
- At least 5 years of Experience (after apprenticeship) of working within a garage / workshop
- Ability to operate small compressors and generators
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Full UK Driving Licence
- HGV licence advantage but not essential
- Flexible and enthusiastic team player
- Very good communication skills
Own tools required
Working on call when required
- NVQ Level 3 – Automotive Maintenance and Repair
- Competitive Pay Rate
- Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme
- Health Care Package
- Accident and Life Insurance Benefit Scheme
- 28 days Holiday Entitlement; including 8 Bank Holidays
Dyson Energy Services is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to those who do not meet the required criteria for this role and only candidates who meet the minimum criteria will be contacted.
Personal information which you supply to us during the recruitment process will be used for assessing candidate suitability for vacancies within Dyson Energy Services. Such data includes candidate qualifications, skills, experience, and employment history, current and / or expected remuneration and benefits. Information about any disclosed disability will be used to assess whether Dyson needs to make reasonable adjustments during interview, selection or employment.
Such information will be shared internally, including with members of the HR team and managers in the business area being recruited to.
We will only keep such data for as long as it necessary for the recruitment process. Should we wish to keep data for longer, e.g. for talent pooling, we will seek the candidate consent to do so.
Employment decisions are not based solely on automated decision-making.