You could qualify for a free boiler if:
- You or a member of your household is on a low-income or in receipt of certain means tested benefits
- You are a homeowner
- Your boiler is intermittently working and a minimum of 8 years old.
Let’s take each of the criteria above for qualifying for a free boiler and discuss it in more detail.
What are the qualifying benefits?
If you or a member of your household is in receipt of one of the benefits below, you could qualify for a free boiler:
- Universal Credit
- Tax Credits (Child Tax and Working Tax Credits)
- Income-Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-Related Employment and Supports Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Guarantee Credit
- Attendance Allowance
- Carers Allowance
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Severe Disablement Allowance
- Armed Forces Independent Payment
Do you have to be a homeowner to qualify for a free boiler?
The funding to replace boilers for qualifying households, is available through the government backed Energy Company Obligation (ECO) scheme. This scheme is designed to lower qualifying householder’s energy bills, cut carbon emissions and help those most in need.
You must be a homeowner to qualify. The funding isn’t available to those in council owned properties or those who privately rent.
Does your boiler have to be broken?
Your existing boiler must be at least 8 years old and beyond economical repair, for you to qualify for a free boiler.
When a free no obligation assessment is carried out, the Gas Safe registered Engineer will be able to inspect the boiler.
What boiler do you replace my old boiler with?
We have long-established partnerships with several of the leading boiler manufacturers. Through the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) scheme, we primarily install IDEAL boiler.
If you have a preference to the boiler manufacturer, this can be discussed when the assessment is carried out. However, in some cases this may mean a contribution is required.
How is the funding calculated?
The level of funding that you can attract, is determined by the type and size of property you live in. The older and more in-efficient your property is, the more funding can be attracted.
A free no obligation assessment will look at your existing boiler and the work required to replace it, as well as establish the levels of funding we can attract based on your home.
Jack and Laura qualified for a free boiler
Jack and his wife Laura, a retired couple living in Cheshire, are one in many households across the country, who have benefitted from a free boiler through the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) scheme.
Read their story and hear how Jack recommends others to take advantage of the funding for a free boiler while it is available.
Choose a company you can trust
- This year, Dyson Energy Services are celebrating 40 years in the energy efficiency industry – a brand you can trust
- We are TrustMark registered company – government endorsed quality
- All our highly skilled Assessors and Gas Safe Engineers are directly employed by us.