Dyson Energy Services worked in partnership with client Citizen Housing to install a 95mm internal wall insulation system to several of their void properties, which were solid wall construction and not suitable for external wall insulation. Internal wall insulation is an excellent solution to significantly improve the thermal efficiency of solid wall properties.
To maximise the energy efficiency of the void properties, we additionally topped up the existing loft insulation, ensuring they met the recommended standards.
Jamie Crane, Business Development Manager at Dyson Energy Services said, “We are proud to have been the preferred installer, working in partnership with Citizen Housing, to deliver an insulation upgrade programme. We are confident that future residents living in the recently insulated properties, will reap the benefits of the internal wall and loft insulation.”
Scope of works
- Prior to commencing works, an initial survey was carried out by a Dyson Energy Services Retrofit Assessor, to check that the proposed internal wall insulation system was suitable for the properties, advising of the design and materials to be used as part of the retrofit.
- We carried out all enabling works before commencing work, which included extension of the electrical sockets, removing radiators and skirting boards.
- An insulated stud frame was applied to relevant exterior facing walls internally, and insulation batts were applied to all areas within the frame.
- A vapour barrier was applied and fixed to the studs.
- Plasterboard was then fixed and prepared for plastering.
- The walls were then plastered ready for a decorated finish.
Benefits to client and residents
- The internal wall insulation system was installed whilst the properties were void, therefore there was no disruption for residents.
- The insulation material has high performance environmental credentials.
- The BBA approved 95mm internal wall insulation system, has improved the u-value to 0.3W/m2K
- The energy efficiency improvements will help Citizen Housing attract residents, who will benefit from a warmer home with reduced energy bills.
- The insulation upgrade programme will help Citizen Housing to achieve carbon emission reduction targets and future proof housing stock.
Will Vining, Stock Condition Surveyor at Citizen Housing said, “We recognise that the fabric first approach is vital when upgrading the energy efficiency performance of our properties and believe the internal wall insulation is an excellent solution for our solid wall housing stock. We are delighted with the quality of workmanship from Dyson Energy Services, from assessment through to installation and would highly recommend them.”
If you are a Social Housing Provider, and looking for a quality partnership that you can count on, contact us to speak with one of the Business Development Team.